An exciting opportunity to learn how to combine fabric with wool to create unique ruched and textured nuno felted textiles.
During the weekend workshop you will be
- Creating a range of samples by experimenting with a variety of fabrics
- Dyeing your chosen fabric in preparation to create a finished piece on the second day.
- Use the techniques learnt on day one to create a final piece: a decorative piece or a scarf or continue experimenting to create further samples.
MAC will provide cotton muslin and silk chiffon and a light weight habotai to experiment with, whilst longer lengths can be purchased to create a finished piece. Alternatively you may like to bring your own open weave fabric to work with.
- a sketch/notebook to write down your smapling results,
- your camera to record your work in progress
- a couple of old towels,
- any open weave fabrics you would like to experiment with and work with to create a finished piece (cotton muslins, scrim, silk chiffon, silk georgette work well, you might want to bring some synthetic fibre fabrics too) and any fibres you would like to incorporate in you work too.
Venue: Midlands Arts Centre, Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham
Date: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th October 2014
Time: 10 – 4pm
tickets available from: mac (0121) 4403838