On Sunday 5th October 2014 I’m running a Screenprinting workshop at Lauren Guthrie’s fabulous shop and studio workshop Guthrie & Ghani in Moseley, Birmingham. You’ll learn how to screenprint your unique designs onto a length of fabric ready for future use on your own projects.
- translate your design into a stencil,
- apply simple 2 way colour separation techniques,
- how to create repeat patterns and
- the process of screen printing onto fabric.
You will need to bring along;
- a few of your chosen designs
- a length of your own fabric to print on;~ this can be natural or synthetic fabrics, woven or stretch fabrics. Choose a fabric with a smooth surface as this will take your print easily.
Think about what you may want to use the fabric for in the future (creating cushions, bags, a skirt etc), as this will help deciding what type and how much fabric you will need. For practical reasons, I anticipate you will need no more than 2 to 2.5m of fabric – any more and you are unlikely to print it all in the workshop time.
Booking & Tickets available via www.guthrie-ghani.co.uk/workshop/screen-print-your-own-fabric or call (0121) 4498419.
Class runs from 10am-4pm (1 hour lunch break – please bring a packed lunch, alternatively there are lots of cafes, pubs & bistros nearby to get something delicious).
Venue: Guthrie & Ghani, Moseley, Birmingham
Date: Sunday 5th October 2014
Time: 10 – 4pm Tickets: £60